Central Academy of Fine Arts
The Central Academy of Fine Arts, located in Beijing, the capital of China, is an academy where culture, history and art are flourishing, which enjoys the best art resources of the world. CAFA, as a leading institution for modern art education in China, provides a rich land for those who wish to learn experience and engage in creativities, which has nurtured quite a lot of pre-eminent artists.
The Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA), the only art academy of higher learning directly under the Ministry of Education, was founded in April 1950 by incorporating the National Beiping Art College and the Fine Arts Department of Huabei University. Chairman Mao Zedong inscribed the name for the Academy. The National Beiping Art College could trace its roots back to the National Beijing Art College, the first national art education institution in Chinese history as well as the beginning of modern art education in China, which was founded in 1918 under the initiative of the well-known educationist Cai Yuanpei. Such known artists as Xu Beihong, Jiang Feng, Wu Zuoren, Gu Yuan and Jin Shangyi, etc., were presidents of CAFA successively. Now the Director of CAFA's Executive Committee is Yang Li, and the President of CAFA is Professor Pan Gonqkai, a Chinese painting artist and art historian, and Director of CAFA's Academic Board is Professor Jin Shangyi, a well-known Chinese artist.
International Foundation Course for Bachelor Degree Study of CAFA (2017)
Located in Beijing, the capital of China, and founded in April 1950, the Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA), is the only art academy of higher learning directly under the Ministry of Education. Under the umbrella of CAFA, there are seven schools and colleges including School of Chinese Painting, School of Fine Art, School of Design, School of Architecture, School of Humanities, College of City Design as well as School of Continuing Education. There are 20 bachelor degree majors, 6 master degree majors, 3 doctor degree majors, and 1 post doctor research station. Now, including over 300 international students from over 40 countries, the number of full-time students is more than 4700. In order to further enhance the quantity and quality of international students, as well as to provide high-quality arts education opportunities for students from all over the world, we are now offering the International Foundation Course (includes Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan students) for Bachelor Degree Study.
How to apply for Central Academy of Fine Arts International Foundation Course:
China Education Center (CEC) is officially authorized by Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA) to handle international student applications. With years of experience in assisting international students study abroad in China, we will provide pre-application advice, review your application materials, submit and complete your application for FREE.
Is CAFA international foundation course right for me?
Whatsapp: +852 69936704
Line ID: chinaeducenter
WeChat ID: chinaeducenter
I. Application Materials:
1. CAFA Application Form for Enrollment of International Students
Application Form Download: PDF / WORD
2. A copy of passport (including the copy of residence permit or visa)
3. Educational credential certificate of senior high school (or above) and school report
4. Copy of valid certificate of HSK (The Chinese Proficiency Test) (Level 3 or above)
5. Four recently taken one-inch personal color photos without headwear
6. Registration fee (RMB 800)
II. Application Period:
From November 1 to December 30, 2016. (January 2017 admission, one semester program)
From March 1, 2017 to August 25, 2017. (September 2017 admission, one year program)
III. Registration Address:
You shall submit or send the application materials by post to the International Students Office, CAFA during the application period.
IV. School Time, Teaching Content:
1. Time: six months for the length of the Foundation Course, and the school will begin on January 2, 2017. (January 2017 admission, one semester program); Time: one year for the length of the Foundation Course, and the school will begin on September 4, 2017. (September 2017 admission, one year program)
2. Teaching content: adumbration, sketch, color, design, specialty Chinese courses and strengthen the examinational lessons.
V. Tuition Fee:
RMB 36,000 (January 2017 admission, one semester program)
RMB 60,000 (September 2017 admission, one year program)
VI. Class Address:
The main campus of CAFA
VII. Living Conditions:
1. Dormitory on campus for international students and accommodation outside the school are optional.
2. RMB 80 per day for the double room or RMB 80 per day for the student room of international student dormitory.
VIII. Characteristics of the Foundation Course
1. Certificate of Foundation Course of CAFA will be awarded to the students who pass the completion examination.
2. The students completing the courses can apply for the entrance examination of the design specialty of various arts schools or other universities in China.
Phone: +86-10-6477 0588
Fax: +86-10-6477 1019
Address: International Students Office, CAFA, No.8 Hua Jia Di Nan St., Chaoyang District, Beijing, China (100102).
(Source: Central Academy of Fine Arts)
Apply for Central Academy of Fine Arts International Foundation Course, please contact with China Education Center for details - Contact CEC