Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment for Arthritis
From the perspective of Traditional Chinese Medicine, arthritis is considered as a blockage in the smooth flow of Qi and blood throughout the energetic pathways in the body. The condition that is congruent with arthritis is called Bi syndrome (Arthralgia syndrome). Bi syndrome manifests as pain, soreness, or numbness of muscles, tendons and joints, and is the result of the body being invaded by the external climatological factors of wind, cold, heat, and dampness. The symptoms manifested by the individual depend on which external pathogenic factor is strongest.
The four main patterns of Bi syndrome and Chinese herbs that are used to treat each pattern:
1) Wind Pattern: In the case of Wind Bi syndrome, there is joint soreness and pain which moves from joint to joint. Movement of joints is limited, and there is often fever. Tao Hong Si Wu Tang can be used for treatment. It is a Chinese herbal formula for blood flow regulation.
Where to buy: Tao Hong Si Wu Tang
How to use: Tao Hong Si Wu Tang can be used in the forms of powder and capsules.
2) Cold Pattern: Cold Bi syndrome is characterized by severe pain in a joint or muscle. This pain has a fixed location. Movement of joints is limited.
3) Damp Pattern: Damp Bi syndrome is characterized by pain, soreness and swelling in muscles and joints, with a feeling of heaviness and numbness in the limbs. The pain has a fixed location.
Chinese herbal formula for both Cold and Damp Patterns need to nourish the underlying deficiency as well as expel the cold and dampness. Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan can be used for treatment. This herbal formula was written down over a thousand years ago during the Tang Dynasty. It contains herbs that relieve pain, as well as herbs that nourish and strengthen the joints. It has been used by millions of people over the last millennium.
Where to buy: Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan
How to use: Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan is available in the form of capsules.
4) Heat Pattern: Heat Bi syndrome is characterized by severe pain and hot-red-swollen joints. The pain is generally relieved by applying cold to the joints. Other symptoms include fever, thirst and anxiety. Chinese herbal formula for this pattern include Zhi Mu, Shi Gao and Gui Zhi.
Arthritis Pain Relief
The relief of arthritis pain using acupuncture has been studied by researchers from all over the world. Acupuncture points to ease arthritis pain are located all over the body, not just over the affected area. Results indicate that the use of acupuncture can be an effective form of pain management. During the acupuncture treatment, tiny needles could be placed along your legs, arms, shoulders, and little toe. There seems to be little sensitivity to the insertion of acupuncture needles. They are so thin that several acupuncture needles can go into the middle of a hypodermic needle. Occasionally, there is a brief moment of discomfort as the needle penetrates the skin, but once the needles are in place, most people relax and even fall asleep for the duration of the treatment. TCM practitioner may also use techniques such as cupping therapy and moxibustion to control arthritis pain.
Before you decide to visit a TCM practitioner, there are something you can try on your own to control arthritis pain.
1) There is a liquid formula has been used by martial artists in China. It is still widely used today to treat all kind of injuries. Zheng Gu Shui is a famous Chinese herbal liniment for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains of muscles and joints.
Where to buy: Solstice Medicine Company Zheng Gu Shui for Pain Relief
How to use: You can soak cotton balls with the solution and apply to the injured area. You should keep the injured area moist with the Zheng Gu Shui, and wrap the soaked cotton balls around the injured area with gauze or plastic wrap. If there is a wound on the injured area, you can apply the Zheng Gu Shui to surrounding area to help speed up the healing process.
2) Wu Yang Brand Pain Relieving Medicated Plaster is effective in relief of arthritis pain, muscle pain, back pain, sprain pain, joint pain, bruise pain.
Where to buy: Wu Yang Brand Pain Relieving Medicated Plaster
3) 701 Dieda Zhengtong Yaogao Medicated Plaster provides pain relief from muscle pain, minor aches, and pains in joints.
Where to buy: 701 Dieda Zhengtong Yaogao Medicated Plaster
How Chinese Medicine can help you? Please visit Traditional Chinese Medicine